EXTERIOR WORK : WORK DONE ON EXTERNAL PART OF
House, building, Apartment etc is known as Exterior Work.
Exterior design would include, for example, the design of your garden, deck and patio, while interior design includes everything inside your home, from the bedrooms to the kitchen and bathrooms. One factor to consider for exterior decorating, for example, is the appropriate fabrics for outdoor furniture.
Exterior Work includes the painting of external walls,windows and doors fixation,the outlook of the building.
An elevation drawing is an orthographic projection drawing that shows one side of the house.
The purpose of an elevation drawing is to show the finished appearance of a given side of the house and furnish vertical height dimensions.
Four elevations are customarily drawn, one for each side of the house.
An elevation plan ordinarily includes the following:
• Identification of the specific side of the house that the elevation represents
• Grade lines
• Finished floor and ceiling levels
• Location of exterior wall corners
• Windows and doors
• Roof features
• Porches, decks and patios
• Vertical dimensions of important features
• Material symbols Grade Line, Floors & Ceilings
• The reference point for most elevations is the grade line.
• All features, which are below the grade line, should be drawn with hidden lines.
• Examples are: foundation walls, footers & window wells
• Drawing a centerline through the house where appropriate indicates the finished floor-to-finished ceiling height.
• Common ceiling height in a garage is 8’-0” • Most codes require that the top of the foundation wall be at least 8” above the grade.
Wall, Windows & Doors
• All visible wall corners are shown on the elevation using object lines.
• Windows and doors located on the exterior wall must be included on the elevation.
• It is customary to place tops of windows the same height as the tops of doors. This height is usually 6’-10” Roof Features
• The elevation drawing is where the roof style and pitch are shown, as well as chimney height and size.
The roof pitch symbol is preferred when indicated the roof pitch.
• If more than one roof height is anticipated, the highest section should be drawn first. Dimensions, Notes & Symbols
• Dimensions on the elevation are mainly vertical height dimensions. Features that must be dimensioned are:
• Thickness of the footer
• Distance from the footer to the grade
• Finished floor-to-finished ceiling distance • Overhang width
• Height of the top of windows and doors • Height of the chimney above the roof
• Notes should be included where additional information is needed.
Typical notes included are:
• Grade info.
• Exterior wall material notation
• Roof covering material identification
• Fascia material
• Flashing material
• Many symbols may be used to further indicate specifics on the house.
For the best Exterior Work and Elevations services , CONTACT:
+91- 94 54 86 96 68.